Visual InterDev does not update Web pages in "Local mode" when you use Visual Source Safe 2005 to check out, update, and then check in the Web pages
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you use Microsoft Visual Source Safe 2005 to check out, update, and then check in Web pages, Microsoft Visual InterDev does not update the Web pages in Local mode.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Start Visual SourceSafe 2005, and then click Options on the Tools menu.
- Click the Local Files tab, set Compare Files By to Contents, and then click OK.
The Web pages will be updated when you check out, update, and then check in the Web pages.
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Switch to Master mode in Visual InterDev.
- Upgrade Visual InterDev to Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 924072 - Last Review: 01/17/2015 15:56:03 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbprb KB924072