When you use Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac to send a new meeting invitation or to send an update to previously scheduled meetings, any recipients that use Entourage 2004 for Mac will receive the invitation or update as a plain e-mail message. This e-mail message does not contain the following links:
- Accept Tentatively
Additionally, the body of the e-mail message is blank.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You use contacts from the Address Book in Entourage 2004 for Mac.
- The First field or the Last field for a contact contains both quotation marks " " and parenthesis ( ) surrounding the contents of the fields.
Note The addition of both quotation marks " " and parenthesis ( ) to either or both of these fields can occur when you import an address list from another e-mail program.
For example, the First field for a contact contains ("first_name"). When the display name is created for this contact, it is displayed as ("first_name") last_name. This problem does not occur if you use the global address list (GAL) to find the contact's e-mail address.
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Use the GAL instead of the Address Book.
- Edit each contact in the Address Book, and then remove both the quotation marks " " and the parenthesis ( ) from the First and Last fields for the contact.
To remove both the quotation marks " " and the parenthesis ( ) from the First
fields for the contact, follow these steps:
- Click Address Book.
- Right-click the contact that you want to change, and then click Open Contact.
- Click the Name & E-mail tab.
- Correct the entries in the First and Last fields.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for each contact that has the characters in their display name.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- If the e-mail message is unread, press CONTROL, click the e-mail message, and then click Mark as Read.
- Right-click the Inbox, and then click Synchronize Now.
- After the Inbox is synchronized with the Microsoft Exchange server, right-click the Inbox, and then click Empty Cache.
Entourage 2004 for Mac will reload all the items in the Inbox. The meeting invites will now have the links to accept, decline, or tentatively accept the invitation.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 924609 - Last Review: January 16, 2015 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac
|kbnosurvey kbarchive dftsdahomeportal kbtshoot kbemail kbcalendar kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB924609|