You cannot connect to a mailbox store by using ExMerge after you restore the mailbox store to a recovery server in Exchange Server 2000 or Exchange Server 2003
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: MAPI Session
Event ID: 9175
Description: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000
- The mailbox store that contains the System Attendant mailbox is not mounted.
- The Recovery Storage Group (RSG) server does not have a System Attendant Mailbox.
- ExMerge uses the System Attendant mailbox to connect to other Mailboxes.
Method 1 : Mount the mailbox store that contains the System Attendant mailboxNote By default, the System Attendant mailbox is created in the first mailbox store in the first storage group on the first Exchange server.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.
- If Administrative Groups are not enabled, go to step 3. If Administrative Groups are enabled, expand the Administrative Groups container, and then expand the first Your_Administrative_Group container.
- Expand the Servers container.
- Expand the first Your_Server object.
- Expand the First Storage Group object.
- Right-click the Mailbox Store (Server_Name) store object, and then click Mount Store.
- Click OK.
- Expand the Mailbox Store (Server_Name) object, and then click Mailboxes.
- In the right pane, verify that the System Attendant mailbox exists. If you do not find the System Attendant mailbox, right-click the Mailboxes container, and then click Run Clean-up Agent. The System Attendant mailbox will appear and will be connected.
- Exit Exchange System Manager.
- Run ExMerge.
Method 2: Create a Recovery Storage Group (RSG) and restore a production database
- Make sure that the System Attendant Mailbox is present on the server where the Recovery Storage Group is created.
- The Mailbox Store that holds the System Attendant Mailbox should also be mounted.
- Before you create a Recovery Storage Group and restore any production mailbox store to the RSG, we recommended that you make sure that you already have a Mailbox Store on this server that has the System Attendant Mailbox.
- If you already created a Recovery Storage Group on an Exchange 2003 server and restore a production database to it, you will need to dismount and delete this RSG and create a normal Mailbox Store first.
- You can run the Cleanup agent to force the System Attendant mailbox generation.
- As soon as the System Attendant mailbox is generated, you can create a new RSG and connect to the same .edb and .stm restore database.
- Connect the RSG to the related Production Mailbox Store and then mount it.
- You should be able to use ExMerge successfully now.
Article ID: 924730 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 07:00:24 - Revision: 2.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbtshoot kbprb KB924730