Acrobat PDF functionality is missing, or Outlook closes unexpectedly after you upgrade to Outlook 2007
- Acrobat PDF functionality is missing in Outlook 2007.
- Outlook 2007 closes unexpectedly when you try to send or open an e-mail item. If this symptom occurs, you may receive the following error message: Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.Additionally, the error report contains an error signature that resembles the following:Note Application versions, module names, module versions, and offset values may vary.
Application name Application version Module name Module version Offset Outlook.exe 12.0.3111.1010 Kernel32.dll 5.1.2600.2180 0001eb33
- When you try to send an e-mail message in Outlook 2007, you receive the following error message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
Method 1: Upgrade to Adobe Acrobat 7.0.7 or a later version of Adobe AcrobatFor more information about how to upgrade, visit the following Adobe Web site:
Method 2: Disable Acrobat PDFMaker integration for OutlookIf you have a different version of Adobe Acrobat or if method 1 does not resolve the issue, disable the Acrobat PDFMaker integration for Outlook. To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit all programs.
- Use the following step as appropriate for your situation:
Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
Click Start, click Control Panel, switch to Classic View, and then double-click Programs and Features.
- Under Currently installed programs and updates, click your version of Adobe Acrobat, and then click Change.
- Click Next.
- Click Modify, and then click Next.
- Expand Create Adobe PDF.
- Expand Acrobat PDFMaker.
- Click the icon next to Microsoft Outlook, and then click This feature will not be available.
- Click Next.
- Click Update.
Article ID: 925761 - Last Review: 09/03/2013 06:07:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbtshoot kbconversion kbcrashes kbprod2web kb3rdparty kberrmsg kbaddin kbstartprogram kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB925761