Description of the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: September 22, 2006
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 issue that is fixed in the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package that is dated September 22, 2006.
This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package.
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix package contains.
Issue that the hotfix package fixesThis hotfix package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- Consider the following scenario. You use Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor. In Outlook 2003, you address an e-mail message to a distribution list. The distribution list contains individual user aliases and other distribution lists. You expand the distribution list. Then, you run a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro that uses the DisplayType property to filter the recipients. In this scenario, the DisplayType property does not return the expected results.
Note If you do not use Word as your e-mail editor, the DisplayType property in the VBA macro returns the expected results.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThe full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 Service Pack 2 or Office 2003 Service Pack 1. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on Office 2003 Service Pack 2 than on Office 2003 Service Pack 1. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 Service Pack 1, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend it.For more information about Office 2003 Service Pack 2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
870924 How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
Restart informationYou do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
outlook2003 outlook2k3 outlook11 ol2003 ol2k3 ol11
Article ID: 925767 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 09:27:25 - Revision: 1.3
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbprogramming kbmacro kbvba kbpubtypekc kbhotfixrollup kbfix kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB925767