Windows PowerShell 1.0 Localized Installation Package for Windows Server 2003 and for Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
There are two installation packages and a multilingual user interface (MUI) language package for Windows PowerShell 1.0. Select the installation package for the language type and operating system on the computer.
Use the localized installation package if you are running a version of Windows localized for German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese Simplified, or Chinese Traditional.
If you are running an English-language version of Windows, or a version of Windows localized for a language other than German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese Simplified, or Chinese Traditional, install an English-language version of Windows PowerShell 1.0. For more information about the installation packages for the English versions of Windows PowerShell, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:926139 Windows PowerShell 1.0 English Language Installation Packages for Windows Server 2003 and for Windows XP
- MUI Language Pack
If you are running a Multilingual User Interface (MUI) version of Windows, install the English-language version of Windows PowerShell 1.0 and then install the MUI Language Pack for Windows PowerShell 1.0. In MUI versions of Windows, the Windows interface can appear in multiple languages. For more information about the MUI Language Pack for Windows PowerShell, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:926141 Windows PowerShell 1.0 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Language Pack for Windows Server 2003 and for Windows XP
If you install Windows PowerShell 1.0 on Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1, and then you upgrade to Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2, you cannot uninstall Windows PowerShell 1.0. For more information, see the "Uninstall Windows PowerShell" section.
Windows PowerShell includes the following features:
- More than 130 command-line tools ("cmdlets") that you can use to perform common system administration tasks. These tasks include managing services, managing processes, managing event logs, managing certificates, modifying the registry, and using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- Command-line tools that are easy to learn and easy to use. These tools have standard naming conventions and common parameters. The tools also include simple tools to sort, to filter, and to format data and objects.
- Support for existing scripting languages, for existing command-line tools, and for multiple versions of Windows. These versions include Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008.
- Features that let users browse data stores as if they were file systems. These data stores include the registry and certificate stores.
- Standard utilities for managing Windows data in different stores and formats. These stores and formats include Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), COM objects, ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), HTML, and XML.
- Sophisticated expression parsing and manipulation of objects in the .NET Framework at the command line. This manipulation includes the pipelining of objects to help IT professionals work more efficiently and effectively.
- An extensible interface that enables independent software vendors and enterprise developers to build custom cmdlets. You can use custom cmdlets to meet unique application and system administration requirements.
Windows PowerShell Blog
Windows PowerShell SDK
Installation foldersWindows PowerShell 1.0 is supported on 32-bit systems and on 64-bit systems. The 64-bit systems may be x64-based or Itanium-based.
Windows PowerShell 1.0 uses Package Installer technology for Windows XP-based and for Windows Server 2003-based installations. The location of the Windows PowerShell installation folder is not configurable.
On 32-bit versions of Windows, Windows PowerShell 1.0 is installed in the following folder:
By default, both the 32-bit versions and 64-bit versions of Windows PowerShell are installed in the following locations on 64-bit versions of Windows:
- The 64-bit version of Windows PowerShell is installed in the following folder: %windir%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\V1.0
- The 32-bit version of Windows PowerShell is installed in the following folder: %windir%\Syswow64\WindowsPowerShell\V1.0
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or Windows XP with SP2
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (2.0.50727)
Restart requirementsYou do not have to restart the computer after you install Windows PowerShell.
A restart is required only when files that you are installing or uninstalling are also being used by another program. This scenario occurs only when the same version of Windows PowerShell is installed. If these files are being used, a restart prompt appears unless the installer is running in unattended mode.
Uninstall Windows PowerShellYou cannot install Windows PowerShell 1.0 if it is already installed. To determine whether Windows PowerShell 1.0 is installed, locate the
If you install Windows PowerShell 1.0 on Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1, and then upgrade to Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2, you cannot uninstall Windows PowerShell 1.0. Because Windows PowerShell is packaged as a Windows update, uninstalling Windows PowerShell after you apply a service pack is considered uninstalling out of the prescribed order.For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Click to select the Show updates check box.
- In the Currently installed programs list, click Windows PowerShell(TM) 1.0, and then click Remove.
- Follow the instructions to remove Windows PowerShell(TM) 1.0.
Download Windows PowerShellYou can download the following localized versions of Windows PowerShell from the Microsoft Download Center.
Windows PowerShell 1.0 for Windows XP, x86-based versionsDownload the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Windows XP-x86 localized package now.
Windows PowerShell 1.0 for Windows XP, x64-based versionsDownload the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Windows XP-x64 localized package now.
Windows PowerShell 1.0 for Windows Server 2003, x86-based versionsDownload the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Windows Server 2003-x86 localized package now.
Windows PowerShell 1.0 for Windows Server 2003, x64-based versionsDownload the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Windows Server 2003-x64 localized package now.
Windows PowerShell 1.0 for Windows Server 2003, Itanium-based versionsDownload the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Windows Server 2003-ia64 localized package now.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
File informationThe following files are installed together with Windows PowerShell:
ИД на статията: 926140 – Последен преглед: 11/15/2012 06:39:00 – Редакция: 6.0
- kbPubTypeKC atdownload kbqfe KB926140