You cannot print color AutoShape objects in grayscale in Word 2003
Service pack informationThis problem is corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3.To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
After you install the service pack, follow the steps that are listed in the "How to enable the hotfix" section of the article to set the
How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Word 2003 post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package that is dated October 2, 2006. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to enable the hotfixWarning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Exit Word 2003.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Select to select the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options
- After you select the subkey that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ForceGrayscalePrint, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ForceGrayscalePrint, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3.
Article ID: 926494 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 01:55:24 - Revision: 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kboffice2003sp3fix kbregistry kbexpertiseinter kboffice2003presp3fix kbprinters kbprint kbpostscript kbqfe kbbug kbfix KB926494