Windows Small Business Server 2003: Windows 7, Windows Vista and Outlook 2007 compatibility update
Run the wizard to complete networking setupHowever, the wizard does not appear.
Additionally, when you try to use the Outlook Profile Settings option in the Setup Computer Wizard or in the Assign Applications Wizard to configure Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 for a Windows SBS network, the settings are not applied.
Note Except for the third item in the following list, you must download and install these updates on the computer that is running Windows SBS 2003.
Note Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 is required to install the following updates.
- Update for Windows Small Business Server 2003: Windows Vista and Outlook 2007 Compatibility. You can download the Update for Windows Small Business Server 2003: Windows Vista and Outlook 2007 Compatibility update by visiting the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9BF2F1E4-1B2C-471B-A284-E0C8C169FAC3&displaylang=en
Note This update also applies to Windows 7.
- Download and install the following software update on the Windows SBS 2003 server to support client computers that are running Outlook Web Access (OWA) on Windows Vista or on Windows 7: 911829 You receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks, or you must click to enable the compose frame in Outlook Web Access
- User Profile WMI Provider. The User Profile WMI Provider is required if you want to enable users to access documents and user settings for their existing user profiles after a computer joins the Windows SBS 2003 domain. To enable users to access existing documents and settings after the client computer is joined to the domain, you must download and install the User Profile WMI Provider to each client computer that is running Windows Vista before you use http://servername/ConnectComputer. You do not have to install the provider if you do not have existing local user documents or settings.
You must log on to the Windows Vista-based computer, and then download and install the User Profile WMI Provider. For more information about the User Profile WMI Provider, including download information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:930955 New Win32_UserProfile WMI functionality replaces Moveuser.exe, which is not compatible with Windows Vista
- If you are running the Premium Edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003, install the following updates for Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004:
- Install Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004 SP3 Standard Edition to enable synchronization between Windows Vista Outlook Client and the Exchange mailbox on the Windows SBS server. To download this service pack, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Install the Firewall Client for ISA Server. You can download the Firewall Client software from the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=05C2C932-B15A-4990-B525-66380743DA89&displaylang=en
- Download the Firewall Client software to a shared folder on the Windows SBS server, for example, the ClientApps folder.
- From each client computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, locate the shared folder where you the downloaded the Firewall Client, and then install the Firewall Client for ISA Server 2004.
- When you are prompted to configure Firewall Client, type the name of the Windows SBS server.
- For more information about how to manually configure any additional settings, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 926505 - Last Review: 09/11/2011 04:38:00 - Revision: 6.0
- kbtshoot kbhowto kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB926505