Video without an audio stream does not play correctly in Windows SlideShow in Windows Vista
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to play Windows SlideShow in Windows Vista, you may experience either of the following problems:
- You see a black screen when you use a full-screen theme.
- You see a black placeholder where a video is supposed to play.
This problem may occur if the video files do not contain an audio stream. Windows SlideShow requires that the video files contain an audio stream.
To work around this problem, use the RIGHT ARROW key on the keyboard or on the toolbar to move to the next frame.
Article ID: 926671 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 09:10:14 - Revision: 3.0
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbnofix kbbug kbprb kbexpertisebeginner kbdisplay KB926671