You can use the Transaction text
field to set up text strings so that the text strings are automatically posted to general ledger entries and to printouts. You can set up the text strings for the Transaction text
field in different languages.
To set up transaction text in Microsoft Dynamics AX 3.0, click Basic
, expand Setup
, and then click Transaction text
The following table defines the parameters of the Transaction text
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Transaction text||Select or view the posting type for the transaction text that you want to define.|
|Language||Select or view the language that you want to use for the text.|
|Text||Text can include enumerated text and automatically generated text. Enumerated text contains phrases that the user enters.|
You can generate text automatically for the following fields on the Transaction text
- The Date field. To enter the date in this field, type %1.
- The ID of program used to generate the information field. To enter this information, type
- The Voucher number field. To enter the voucher number or the vendor invoice number in this field, type %3.
- Parameters %4 through %6 are reserved for user adjustments. These parameters can be used only by the
Transaction text is automatically added to an entry that has certain posting types.
To see how the transaction text appears after it is added, you can compare the following lists:
- The list in the enumeration of the Transaction text column
- The list in the Posting box on the Setup tab of a ledger account
The text string is almost the same in the Transaction text
fields of the Transaction text
column and in the Posting
box. Posting types are created automatically for each posting on a ledger account.Example
To use transaction text to add the voucher number or the vendor invoice number to a purchase order when you post a purchase order, follow these steps:
- Click Basic, expand Setup, and then click Transaction text.
- On the Transaction text tab, find the following entries:
Purchase order - Invoice, Ledger user Purchase invoice %2
Purchase order - Invoice, Vendor user Purchase invoice %2
- Change the Purchase order - Invoice, Vendor user Purchase invoice %2 entry to the following:
Purchase order - Invoice, Vendor user Purchase invoice %2, Inves %3
Article ID: 926895 - Last Review: January 15, 2015 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 3.0
- Windows MorphX Development Suite
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbinfo kbmbsmigrate KB926895|