A red question mark appears instead of the “Customer” icon for an account or for a contact in the Case: New dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The hotfix that is discussed in this article is not available for the Chinese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or for the Japanese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
In the Customer field in the Case: New dialog box, a red question mark (?) appears instead of the icon for an account or for a contact in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. This problem occurs if you try to map an attribute that contains account information or contact information for an entity that contains a customer attribute.
When this problem occurs, the account information or the contact information is not mapped as expected. Therefore, you cannot save the entity until you manually change the value that is in the Customer field.
This problem is fixed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
927751 Update Rollup 2 is available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
Steps to reproduce this problem
- Create a relationship from an account entity or from a contact entity to a custom entity.
- Map the account identifier or the contact identifier to the relationship attribute of the custom entity.
- Create a relationship from the custom entity to an entity that contains a customer attribute.
- Map an attribute that contains account information or contact information from the account entity or from the contact entity to the entity that contains the customer attribute.
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Article ID: 927205 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 02:08:41 - Revision: 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmbscustomization kbHotfixServer kbqfe kbmbsmigrate KB927205