Error message when you try to merge records in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0: "An error has occurred"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The hotfix that is discussed in this article is unavailable for the Chinese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or for the Japanese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
When you try to merge records in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0, you receive the following error message:
An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. Error code: not available.
Additionally, when you click OK
in the error message dialog box, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
Error: 'crmMergeForm' is undefined.
When this problem occurs, the merge form cannot be created.
This problem occurs only when you merge a record that contains a value in a custom field. This custom field has a duration format.
This problem is fixed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update Rollup 2 is available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Log on to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Web client.
- Click Settings, click Customization, click Customize Entities, and then double-click Account.
- In the Entity: Account page, click Attributes, and then click New.
- In the Display Name box, type Test.
- In the Type list, click int.
- In the Format list, click Duration, and then click Save and Close.
- Click Forms and Views, and then double-click Form.
- In the Form: Account page, click Add Fields, click to select the Test check box, and then click OK.
- Click Save and Close.
- On the Actions menu, click Publish.
- Click Workplace, and then click Accounts.
- Create two accounts. Make sure that the Test field contains a value.
- Click both accounts, and then click Merge.
For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Article ID: 927875 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 16:54:05 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbHotfixServer kbqfe kbmbsmigrate KB927875