Recording devices may not work if the devices have the same name in Windows Vista
In Windows Vista, if multiple recording devices have the same name, the recording devices may not work.
This problem occurs because Windows Vista cannot distinguish the devices.
To resolve this problem, make sure that each recording device has a unique name. For example, change the "Microphone" name to "Microphone - Front Panel". To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type Sound in the Start Search box, and then click Sound.
- Click the Recording tab, click the name of a recording device, and then click Properties.
- Type a unique name for the recording device, and then click OK.
Article ID: 928236 - Last Review: 03/15/2007 22:00:52 - Revision: 1.7
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbexpertiseadvanced kbexpertisebeginner KB928236