Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on and you start it in Windows XP or in Windows Server 2003
If you start Internet Explorer with add-ons disabled, you may find that this resolves the issue. Then, you can locate and disable the add-on that conflicts with Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, point to Manage Add-ons, and then click Enable or Disable Add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons dialog box, click an add-on.
- Under Settings, click Enable, and then click OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
If the problem occurs, the add-on that you recently enabled conflicts with Internet Explorer.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 until you locate the add-on that conflicts with Internet Explorer. Then, disable the add-on.
Article ID: 928426 - Last Review: 01/04/2007 16:57:00 - Revision: 1.1
- kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner KB928426