How to resolve conflicting files when you publish a Web site to a server in Expression Web
- You change a file on the remote Web site.
- You do not make the same changes to the file on the local Web site.
First, decide which version of the file that you want to keep. Then, publish that version of the file to the remote Web site. If both versions of the file contain changes, open both files, and then manually merge the changes.
To prevent file conflicts, use one of the following methods:
- Always change the local Web site first. Then, publish to the remote Web site.
- Use the Synchronize option in the Remote Web Site view. The Synchronize option publishes files from the local Web site to the remote Web site or from the remote Web site to the local Web site. This option guarantees that both Web sites contain the most recent version of a file.
Article ID: 928716 - Last Review: 12/06/2006 20:41:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbhowto kbexpertiseinter KB928716