I used the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows Vista, and now the hybrid sleep feature and the hibernation feature are unavailable
- You cannot see the Hibernate option in Power Options.
- When you use the sleep feature, the computer does not recover its settings if power is lost.
Fix it for me
NoteIn order to enable the hibernation file, you must have at least as much free space on your system drive as there is physical memory in the computer. If you do not have adequate free space available, you will get the following error when you run this Fix it Solution:
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
NoteIf you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD so that you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
To determine whether this resolved the problem, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
To enable the hibernation feature and the hybrid sleep feature, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
- Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
- Type powercfg -h on, and then press ENTER.
Did this fix the problem?
For help with power consumption and battery life problems in Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web page:
Article ID: 928897 - Last Review: 09/23/2011 21:31:00 - Revision: 5.0
- kbmsifixme kbfixme kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB928897