Error message when you start Accounting Express or when you print a report in Accounting Express: "Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you start Microsoft Office Accounting Express, or when you print a report in Accounting Express, you receive the following error message:
Microsoft Small Business Accounting has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. To see what data this error report contains, click here.
If you click the link to view the report data, an error message that resembles the following message appears:
Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
Additionally, Accounting Express stops responding.
The problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 on a computer.
- You select to use the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Desktop Edition (also known as MSDE) when you install Accounting Express on the computer.
- You uninstall SQL Server 2005.
This problem occurs because key components that are used by Accounting Express are deleted when you uninstall SQL Server 2005.
To resolve this problem, uninstall Accounting Express, and then reinstall Accounting Express.
Article ID: 928992 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 17:00:08 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2008
- Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2007
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbtshoot kbmbsmigrate kbprb KB928992