FIX: You may experience issues when you use Windows Media Encoder 9 Series on a computer that is running Windows Vista
Issue 1When you run the Windows Media Encoder command-line script WMCmd.vbs, the script host Cscript.exe may crash.
Issue 2The icons that appear on the encoder toolbar and in the encoder dialog boxes are displayed by using a low bit depth. Therefore, the icons appear to have a low resolution.
Issue 3When you configure the encoding profile or start an encoding session, the encoder may crash.
Download informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Before and after you install the hotfix, check the version number of the Wmenc file and of the WMEncEng.dll file to make sure that these files are updated. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Programs and Features.
- Remove Security Update for Windows Media Encoder (KB954156).
- Remove the current installation of Windows Media Encoder 9 Series.
- Restart the system. Do not install updates.
- Reinstall the Windows Media Encoder 9 Series. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Verify that the version number for the Wmenc file and for theWMEncEng.dll file is 184.108.40.20680.
- Install the hotfix that this article describes.
- Verify that the version number for the Wmenc file and for theWMEncEng.dll file is 220.127.116.1152.
- Use Windows Update to reinstall security updates.
- Verify that the version number for the encoder files is still 18.104.22.16852.
Article ID: 929182 - Last Review: 06/13/2014 05:27:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbfix KB929182