Error message when you try to open a workbook in Excel 2007: "Excel found unreadable content in Book_Name"
When you try to open a Microsoft Office Excel 2007 workbook, you receive the following error message:
Excel found unreadable content in Book_Name. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook.
When you click Yes
, you receive the following recovery report:
Removed Records: PivotTable report from /xl/pivotCache/pivotCacheDefinition1.xml part (PivotTable cache)
Alternatively, if the workbook is published to a Microsoft SharePoint Web Part report page, the workbook does not render. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
The workbook that you selected cannot be opened. The workbook may be in an unsupported file format, or it may be corrupt. Would you like to try and open this file in Excel?
This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The workbook contains a PivotTable that uses key performance indicators (KPIs).
- The KPIs are created in the Analysis Services Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- One of more of the KPI's have an expression in the Weight property.
- One or more of the KPIs have an expression in the Current Time Member property.
To resolve this issue, remove the expressions from all Current Time Member and Weight on the KPI properties.
The Current Time Member property is an optional property. It is used to display the time period that the KPI covers to a Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) client.
Article ID: 929766 - Last Review: 12/28/2015 23:32:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbpivottable kberrmsg kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB929766