The attachment is not displayed when you use Outlook 2003 to open an e-mail message that contains an attachment
When you use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to open an e-mail message that contains an attachment, the attachment is not displayed. This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The mail server is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- The e-mail message contains a Content-Disposition header that resembles the following header.
Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="abc.JPG"Content-Disposition: inline; filename="abc.JPG"
You can identify the inline attachment by viewing the raw MIME of the e-mail message.
To resolve this problem, install Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007. For more information about Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007, see the following Exchange Help topic:
For more information about how to install the latest Exchange service pack or update rollup, see the following Exchange Help topic:
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods:
- In Outlook 2003, save the attachment locally, and then view the attachment.
- Use Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access 2007 to view the attachment.
- Use Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to view the attachment.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
New naming schema for Exchange Server software update packages
For more information about the Content-Disposition header, visit the following Web site:
Article ID: 930468 - Last Review: 08/31/2007 06:45:05 - Revision: 1.5
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
- kbexpertiseinter kbqfe KB930468