Description of the Jet 4.0 Database Engine post-Windows XP SP2 hotfix package: January 25, 2007
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes the Microsoft Jet 4.0 Database Engine issues that are fixed in the Jet 4.0 Database Engine post-Windows XP Service Pack 2 hotfix package that is dated January 25, 2007.
This hotfix fixes the following issues:
- 925051 An Access program stops responding when it uses the Jet Database Engine and runs a large SQL query that contains double-byte character set data in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP
- 910906 A program may crash when it calls the Seek method on a binary field by using the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
- 913178 Description of the Jet 4.0 Database Engine post-837001 hotfix package: February 17, 2006
This hotfix fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you use Microsoft Office Access or another application that uses the Microsoft Jet Database Engine 4.0 database, you receive an error message that resembles the following:Application_Name has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about this problem.When you view the data that the error report contains, you see the following list. This list contains information about the most common error signatures. This information may vary depending on the version of Access or the application that you use as the front end for the Jet 4.0 database engine.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Access. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous. To see what data this error report contains, click here.
Application Name Application Version Module Name Module Version Offset Msaccess.exe 11.0.6566.0 msjet40.dll 4.0.9025.0 0003a585 Msaccess.exe 10.0.2627.1 msjet40.dll 4.0.6218.0 00039996 Msaccess.exe 10.0.4302.0 msjet40.dll 4.0.6218.0 00039996 Msaccess.exe 10.0.6501.0 msjet40.dll 4.0.9025.0 0003a585 Msaccess.exe 10.0.6771.00 msjet40.dll 4.0.9025.0 0003a585 Msaccess.exe 10.0.4302.00 msjet40.dll 4.0.7328.0 0003aee7 Msaccess.exe 10.0.2627.1 msjet40.dll 4.0.9025.0 0003a585
Windows Vista hotfix informationFor more information about how to resolve this problem on Windows Vista, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
937248 Description of the Jet 4.0 Database Engine update rollup for the release version of Windows Vista: May 11, 2007
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 hotfix informationFor more information about how to resolve this problem on Microsoft Windows Server 2003, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
933452 An application that uses Microsoft Jet 4.0 may stop unexpectedly when you try to access back-end data in a Microsoft SQL Server-based database that is running on a Windows Server 2003 S-based server
Microsoft Windows XP hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThe following list contains prerequisites for the installation of this hotfix:
- To install this hotfix, you must have Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed on your computer. For more information about how to obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:322389 How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix replaces the following hotfixes:
- 918144 Description of the Jet 4.0 Database Engine post-837001 hotfix package: May 11, 2006
- 895751 Description of the Jet 4.0 Database Engine post-837001 hotfix package: April 12, 2005
- 870753 Description of the Jet 4.0 Database Engine post-837001 hotfix package: July 21, 2004
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform||SP requirement|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 930620 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 02:12:49 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Office Access 2003, Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, Windows Internet Explorer 7
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixrollup kbwinxppresp3fix kbfix kbbug kbhotfixserver kbqfe KB930620