Error message when you try to start an application in Microsoft SoftGrid: "Error code: xxxxxx-xxxxxx6C-800700C1"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to start an application in Microsoft SoftGrid, you receive the following error message:
The SoftGrid Client could not launch Application.
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Error code: xxxxxx-xxxxxx6C-800700C1
This problem occurs because the script within the .osd file does not contain data. For example, the .osd file may contain code that resembles the following code example.
<SOFTPKG> <DEPENDENCY> <SCRIPT> <SCRIPTBODY></SCRIPTBODY> </SCRIPT> </DEPENDENCY></SOFTPKG>
In this code example, the <SCRIPTBODY>
child element of the <SCRIPT>
element does not contain data.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Edit the .osd file by using a text editor. For example, edit the file by using Notepad.
- Locate the <SCRIPT> element and the <SCRIPTBODY> element.
- If you want a script, add a script between the <SCRIPTBODY> element and the </SCRIPTBODY> element. Otherwise, remove all code between the <SCRIPT> element and the </SCRIPT> element.
- Save the .osd file, and exit the text editor.
Article ID: 930636 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 15:48:40 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Application Virtualization for Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Application Virtualization for Windows Desktops
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB930636