Error message when you start an application in SoftGrid Client: "The SoftGrid Client could not create a session with the SoftGrid Server. Error code: xxxxxx-xxxxxx0A-000001D1"
The SoftGrid Client could not create a session with the SoftGrid Server. Please try again in a few minutes.
If the problem persists, please report the following error code to your System Administrator.
Error code: xxxxxx-xxxxxx0A-000001D1
The Client was unable to connect to a SoftGrid Server (rc xxxxxx0A-000001D1)
The default server name is %SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%. This environmental variable must be configured on the SoftGrid clients. This variable can be replaced with the host name, with the DNS name, or with the IP address of the server or of the load balancing device.
The default port is 554. Alternative ports include but are not limited to 332 and 443.
Examples of the HREF attribute are as follows:
If the protocol, the server name, and the port are valid, perform the following procedures to diagnose the issue.
Verify that the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server service is startedTo do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- In the Name column, locate SoftGrid Virtual Application Server.
- Verify that Started appears in the Status column.
- If the service is not started, right-click SoftGrid Virtual Application Server, and then click Start.
- If the service does not start, search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for the message that is reported. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Verify that the client can ping the server nameTo do this, follow these steps:
- Open a command prompt.
- Type ping SERVERNAME PORT, and then press ENTER. For example, type the following command, and then press ENTER:ping %SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER% 554
- If the ping is successful, you receive the following message:Pinging SERVERNAME xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
- If the ping is unsuccessful, you receive the following message:Ping request could not find host SERVERNAME. Please check the name and try again.
Verify that the client can telnet to the server name and to the portTo do this, follow these steps:
- Open a command prompt.
- Type telnet SERVERNAME PORT, and then press ENTER.For example, type the following command, and then press ENTER:telnet %SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER% 554
- If the connection is successful, the window appears to be blank. Press ENTER two times. You receive the following message:RTSP/1.0 400 Bad RequestIf the connection is unsuccessful, you receive the following message:
Server: Softricity SoftGrid Server/x.x.x.xxx [Win32; Windows NT x.x]
Date: xxx, xx xxx xxxx xx:xx:xx xxxCould not open connection to the host, on port 554: Connect failed
Article ID: 930706 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 09:07:22 - Revision: 2.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB930706