When you start a Microsoft SoftGrid-enabled application by clicking an .osd file on a Web site, the Web browser may unexpectedly display the .osd file as text
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you start a Microsoft SoftGrid-enabled application by clicking an .osd file on a Web site, the Web browser may unexpectedly display the .osd file as text.
This behavior may occur if the Web Server MIME types are not configured to enable .osd files.
To verify this configuration and to enable .osd files, follow these steps:
- On the SoftGrid Management Web Service server, open Administrative Tools, and then start IIS Manager.
- Expand Web Sites, and then expand Default Web Site.
- Right-click Content Virtual Directory, and then click Properties.
- Click the HTTP Headers tab, and then click MIME Types. If .osd is listed under Registered MIME types, .osd files are enabled.
- If .osd is not listed under Registered MIME types, click New.
- In the Extension field, type .osd.
- In the MIME type field, type application/softricity-osd.
- Click OK three times.
Article ID: 930860 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 01:11:59 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB930860