PolicyMaker extensions do not appear in Group Policy Object Editor after you install PolicyMaker on a management computer
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Extensions for Desktop Standard PolicyMaker Standard Edition do not appear in Group Policy Object Editor after you install PolicyMaker Standard Edition on a management computer.
This issue occurs because Microsoft XML 3.0 (MSXML3) is not registered earlier than other versions of MSXML that are on the computer. PolicyMaker Standard Edition depends on MSXML3.
To work around this issue, reregister each version of MSXML that is on the computer to make sure that MSXML3 is registered earlier than all other versions of MSXML. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the Xmlinst.exe tool.
Note To download the Xmlinst.exe tool, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- At the command prompt, type xmlinst.exe -u to unregister all versions of MSXML.
- At the command prompt, change the directory to SystemDrive\Windows\System32. For example, type cd C:\Windows\System32.
- At the command prompt, type regsvr32 msxml3.dll to register MSXML3.
- At the command prompt, type regsvr32 msxml2.dll to register MSXML2 if MSXML2 is required.
- At the command prompt, type regsvr32 msxml.dll to register MSXML if MSXML is required.
- Restart Group Policy Object Editor.
Note If other applications require a version of MSXML other than MSXML3 to be registered first, these applications may work incorrectly.
Article ID: 931034 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 15:49:43 - Revision: 2.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB931034