Error message when you try to sequence an application in SoftGrid Sequencer: "Cannot start RPC server sftrpc.exe"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to sequence an application in Microsoft SoftGrid Sequencer, you receive the following error message:
"Cannot start RPC server sftrpc.exe."
This problem occurs if the remote procedure call (RPC) connection does not initialize in a timely manner.
To resolve this problem, follow the appropriate step:
- If you logged on by using a domain account, log off and then log on by using a local account. Then, try to sequence the application.
- After you click Stop Monitoring in the installation wizard, execute the sftrpc.exe file. By default, the file is in the following folder:
%ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid SequencerNote You must open a Windows Explorer window and then locate this folder before you click Begin Monitoring. Otherwise, the Windows Explorer window will close after you click Stop Monitoring.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 931095 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 09:22:50 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB931095