Error message when you run a report from the SoftGrid Management Console: "The request failed with HTTP status 401" or "The request failed with HTTP status 404"
When you run a report from the SoftGrid Management Console, you receive one of the following error messages:
The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
This problem may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The ASP.NET worker-process account does not have at least read permissions to the .asmx files that reside in the following location:
%ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid Reporting ServiceTo assign read permissions to the ASP.NET worker-process account, follow these steps on the SoftGrid Management Web Service server:
- Locate the following directory:
%ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid Reporting Service
- Right-click each .asmx file, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Add read permissions to the appropriate ASP.NET worker-process account. (See the ASP.NET worker-process account table later in the "More Information" section.)
- The SoftGridReporting virtual directory does not exist.
For more information about how to resolve this problem, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to create virtual directories in SoftGrid Management Web Service
ASP.NET worker-process account
|Operating system||Role||ASP.NET worker-process account|
|Windows 2000 Server||Member server||ASP.NET machine account (computer name\ASPNET)|
|Windows Server 2003||Member server||ASP.NET machine account (computer name\ASPNET)|
|Windows 2000 Server||Domain controller||Launch IIS process account (domain name\IWAM_computer name)|
|Windows Server 2003||Domain controller||NETWORK SERVICE|
For more information about the ASP.NET worker-process account permissions and about IIS 6.0, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Default permissions and user rights for IIS 6.0
Article ID: 931167 - Last Review: 05/07/2007 21:24:53 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
- kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB931167