Error message when you try to use the Microsoft SoftGrid Client to start an application: "Error code: xxxxxx-xxxxxx2C-80070035"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You try to start an application by using the Microsoft SoftGrid client. However, the application does not start, and you receive an error message that resembles the following:
The SoftGrid Client could not launch <application_name>.
The network path was not found.
Error code: xxxxxx-xxxxxx2C-80070035
This behavior can occur if either of the following conditions is true:
- The UNC path that is specified in the FILENAME attribute of the CODEBASE element of the .osd file does not exist.For example, the FILENAME attribute is configured as follows:
FILENAME="\\FILESERVER\SHARE\sft_ea.exe"In this example, the server that is represented by the FILESERVER placeholder or the share that is represented by the SHARE placeholder does not exist.
- The UNC path that is specified in the HREF element of the .osd file does not exist.
To resolve this issue, edit the .osd file by using a text editor such as Notepad to verify that the UNC paths are valid for the CODEBASE element and the HREF element.
Article ID: 931184 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 15:51:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB931184