Windows Update automatically downloads and installs updates when you connect to the Internet for the first time
In Windows Vista, when you connect to the Internet for the first time, you are prompted to install driver updates, critical software updates, and recommended software updates. Or, if you select the default Windows Update option when you install Windows Vista, these updates are automatically downloaded and installed. Therefore, you do not have to wait until the scheduled time to download the updates. By default, updates are downloaded and installed at 3:00 A.M. every morning.
This process occurs regardless of how you connect to the Internet. For example, this process occurs whether you connect to the Internet by using a cable connection, a DSL connection, or a dial-up modem.
We recommend that you use Windows Update to check for the updated hardware drivers.
To manually update Windows Vista by using Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type update in the Start Search box, and then click Windows Update in the Programs list.
- In the upper-left corner of the Windows Update window, click Check for updates.
- Click View available updates when you are presented with a summary of available updates.
- In the View available updates window, click to select the updates that you want to install, and then click Install.
आलेख ID: 931275 - पिछली समीक्षा: 06/28/2011 23:32:00 - संशोधन: 2.1
Microsoft Windows Update, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Starter, Microsoft Update
- kbexpertisebeginner kbhowto KB931275