An application may not shut down completely when you exit the application in Microsoft SoftGrid
When you exit an application in Microsoft SoftGrid, the application may not shut down completely.
This issue occurs if the application has started child processes. When the application exits, the virtual environment remains open until the child processes exit.
To resolve this issue, modify the application's .osd file to set the value of the TERMINATECHILDREN
attribute to TRUE. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the .osd file in a text editor. For example, open the .osd file in Notepad.
- Modify the VIRTUALENV element so that it resembles the following.
- Save the .osd file, and then exit the text editor.
An application that puts an icon in the notification area may remain open after the application is exited.
The TERMINATECHILDREN attribute was introduced in SoftGrid 3.0.
Article ID: 931589 - Last Review: 03/12/2007 22:10:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
- kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB931589