Error message when you install Analysis Cubes for Excel in Microsoft Dynamics GP: "Specified cast is not valid"
Cause 1One or more .dll files are unregistered. See Resolution 1 in the "Resolution" section.
Cause 2One or more .dll files are missing or corrupted. See Resolution 2 in the "Resolution" section.
Resolution 1To resolve this problem, register the MSXML3.dll file and the MSXML6.dll file in the Windows\System32 folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click one of the .dll files, and then click Open With.
- In the Open With dialog box, click Open With.
- Select the Select the program from a list option, and then click OK.
- Click Browse, open the C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe file, click Open, and then click OK.
- A dialog box appears that states that the .dll file succeeded.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 in this section for the other .dll file.
Resolution 2To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Download and then install Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0 Service Pack 5 (SP5) or a later service pack. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4A3AD088-A893-4F0B-A932-5E024E74519F&displaylang=enNote The file that you download is named Msxml3.msi.
- Download and then install Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=993c0bcf-3bcf-4009-be21-27e85e1857b1&DisplayLang=enNote The file that you download is named Msxml6.msi.
Article ID: 932316 - Last Review: 04/13/2016 13:25:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbprb kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbmbsmigrate KB932316