April 2007 Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released the April 2007 Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista. This update contains several improvements, and it resolves several issues. This cumulative update is intended for computers that are running Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate.
For more information about the latest service pack for Windows Vista, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
935791 How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
Update informationTo obtain the April 2007 Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista, you can download it from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or from the Windows Download Center.
Windows Update Web site
Microsoft Download CenterThe following files are available for download from the MicrosoftDownload Center:
Cumulative Update for Windows Media Center for Windows Vista
Download the 932818 package now.
Cumulative Update for Windows Media Center for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems
Download the 932818 package now.
Release Date: April 24, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Hotfix replacement informationThis is a cumulative update. This update replaces the following updates:
929011Windows Media Center does not correctly configure a combo TV tuner that supports both ATSC and NTSC signals on a Windows Vista-based computer
932753When you resize the Windows Media Center window in Windows Vista, video playback may stop
Issues that are resolved by this updateIn addition to the fixes that are contained in the updates that are listed in the "Hotfix replacement information" section, the April 2007 Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista resolves the following issues:
- The video may appear to freeze when the movie begins in some DVDs.
- When you rotate a picture during a slide show in Windows Media Center, the wrong photo may be rotated.
- The cover art for recorded TV movies may not appear in the DVD library view.
- When you delete a picture in Windows Media Center, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:AUDIO ERROR
The Url contains one or more invalid characters.
- When you try to play a DVD by using Autoplay, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:Tuner not installed
Improvements that are in this updateThe update also provides the following improvements:
- Online Media support has been added for Windows Media Center on 64-bit versions of Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate.
- Video Playlist support has been added for Windows Media Center Extenders.
- Improvements have been made to Online Media caching.
Information for Windows Media Center ExtendersWindows Media Center Extenders, such as the Microsoft Xbox 360, use network ports to communicate over the network to computers that are running Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate. This cumulative update contains updates to Media Center programs that may have been previously configured as "approved" or "allowed" by a third-party firewall. If you use a third-party firewall, you may have to manually update your firewall to let the new versions of these programs access the ports. If you do not perform these firewall updates, you may experience failures when you try to connect the Windows Media Center Extender to the Media Center computer.
Article ID: 932818 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 09:27:14 - Revision: 8.0
Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbvistasp1fix atdownload kbqfe kbnofix kbbug kbexpertisebeginner KB932818