When you try to connect to a store database in Microsoft Dynamics - Point of Sale 2.0, you receive the following error message:
Unable to connect to the specified database
This problem occurs after you change the network configuration of the store database from a domain environment to a workgroup environment.
This problem occurs because some Microsoft Windows firewall exceptions are lost when you change the network configuration of a database.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Note If Control Panel does not appear on the Start menu, click Start, click Run, type control, and then click OK.
- Double-click Windows Firewall.
- On the Exceptions tab, verify that the following items are in the Programs and Services list:
- File and Printer Sharing
Note By default, File and Printer Sharing is included in the list.
- If MS_POS_Sql_Port is not in the Programs and Services list, add MS_POS_Sql_Port to the list. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Exceptions tab, click Add Port.
- In the Name field, type MS_POS_Sql_Port.
- In the Port number field, type 1976.
- Click TCP, and then click OK.
- In the Programs and Services list, select the File and Printer Sharing check box and the MS_POS_Sql_Port check box.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 933980 - Last Review: January 14, 2015 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Dynamics – Point of Sale 2.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kberrmsg kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbmbsmigrate kbprb KB933980|