FIX: One of the Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications stops processing incoming messages until you restart the BizTalk Host instance
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Hotfix installation instructionsAfter you apply this hotfix, you must manually register the Microsoft.biztalk.adapters.coretransmitter.dll file in the global assembly cache. To do this, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Use the Microsoft Visual Studio command promptIf you have Microsoft Visual Studio installed on the computer, follow these steps:
- Open a Visual Studio Command Prompt window. To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, point to Visual Studio Tools, and then click Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt.
- At the Visual Studio command prompt, locate the following folder:%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications\Bin
- At the Visual Studio command prompt, run the following command:gacutil /i Microsoft.biztalk.adapters.coretransmitter.dll
Method 2: Use the command promptIf you do not have Visual Studio installed on the computer, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, locate the following folder:%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
- At the command prompt, run the following command:gacutil /i "Drive:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications\Bin\Microsoft.biztalk.adapters.coretransmitter.dll"
Article ID: 934040 - Last Review: 10/08/2011 19:38:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbautohotfix kbfix kbbug kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB934040