Description of the update for the 2007 Office system: May 8, 2007
This article describes the issues that are fixed by the update. This article also describes how to obtain the update and how to determine whether the update is installed.
Issues that the update fixesThis update fixes the following issue:
2007 Office binary files do not convert correctly. Conversion issues occur when a 2007 Office binary file is opened in an Office 2003 program when you use the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack.
How to obtain and to install the updateThis update is located at the Microsoft Download Center. To download this update and to obtain installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
How to determine whether the update is installedThe update contains files that have the versions that are listed in the following table.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
To determine the version of the files that are installed on the computer, follow these steps.
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Search.
- In the Search Results window, click All files and folders in the Search Companion pane.
- In the All or part of the file name box, type the file name, and then click Search.
- In the list of files, right-click the file that was found, and then click Properties.
- On the Version tab, examine the version of the file that is installed on the computer.
Information for administrators about .msp filesThis update consists of a full-file Microsoft Windows Installer file (.msp file) that is packaged in a self-extracting executable file. The following .msp file is distributed in the following update:
Article ID: 934393 - Last Review: 10/19/2007 17:16:00 - Revision: 1.6
- kbdownload kbfix kbqfe kbconversion kbupdate atdownload KB934393