Error message when you restart the computer after you uninstall a security update for the .NET Framework 1.1: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way"
Runtime Error !
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.
- Uninstall the .NET Framework 2.0 from the computer by using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. Additionally, uninstall any beta version of the .NET Framework from the computer.
- If you are prompted, restart the computer.
- To reinstall the .NET Framework 2.0, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- If you are prompted, restart the computer when the installation is complete.
- Reinstall the security updates that are applicable for the .NET Framework 2.0.
Security bulletin MS07-040 contains information about the security update for the .NET Framework 1.1. Specifically, the following updates also install the Mscorees.dll file:
- Update 928366
- Update 929729
- Update 933854
For more information about security bulletin MS07-040, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Note Windows Installer is the technology behind the Setup program for the security update for the .NET Framework 1.1.
When you uninstall the security update for the .NET Framework 1.1, the Mscorees.dll file is incorrectly deleted from the computer. This issue may occur even though the Mscorees.dll file is required for the .NET Framework 2.0 to run correctly.
For more information about update 928366, about update 929729, and about update 933854, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 934711 - Last Review: 12/03/2007 19:08:00 - Revision: 1.2
- kbhowto kbtshoot kbprb kbupdate kbupdateissue kbexpertisebeginner kbinstallation KB934711