This article describes the new features of Winternals Defrag Manager 4.0.
Support for x64-based versions
You can run Defrag Manager 4.0 on x64-based versions of Microsoft Windows XP and on x64-based versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
Advanced reporting features
- Defrag Manager 4.0 can create HTML reports that include the start time and the finish time of the defragmentation and volume statistics.
- Reports can be generated for one client computer or for all client computers in a schedule.
Defrag Manager 4.0 can notify system administrators of the following key events by using e-mail:
- Volume fragmentation statistics
- Schedule information that includes the start time and the finish time of the defragmentation and schedule status
Improvements in Advanced Mode Boot Client
- Defrag Manager 4.0 supports more mass storage controllers.
- Defrag Manager 4.0 can record a CD directly from the Advanced Mode Boot CD wizard.
- A client computer can restart automatically after an Advanced Mode defragmentation process is complete.
- Defrag Manager 4.0 is integrated with Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005. An administrator can gain real-time visibility into the operations of Defrag Manager by using the Microsoft Operations Manager Connector Framework (MCF).
Article ID: 935172 - Last Review: January 16, 2015 - Revision: 4.0
- Winternals Defrag Manager 4.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbinfo kbexpertiseinter KB935172|