How to set up the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) feature in Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to set up the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) feature in Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0.
To set up the NACHA feature in Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0, follow these steps:
- Create a new bank account. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Navigation Pane, click General ledger, click Bank, and then click Bank Accounts.
- On the General tab, enter the appropriate values in the following fields, and then click OK:
- Routing Number
- Bank Account Number
- Company ID
- Company Statement Name
- Set up the method of payment. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Navigation Pane, click Accounts Payable, click Setup, click Payment, and then click Methods of Payment.
- On the Overview tab, specify the following information:
- In the Period field, type Invoice.
- In the Account type field, type Bank.
- In the Bank Transaction list, click the bank transaction type.
- On the File Formats tab, click NACHA (US) in the Export format list.
Note If the NACHA (US) export format is not available in the list, click Setup. In the Export Format list, click NACHA (US), and then click OK. To do this, you must have an Electronic Banking license.
- Click Payment Specification.
- In the Payment Specification form, click the export format that your bank requires in the Export format list.
Note You can click one of the following export formats:
- Standard NACHA - CCD
- Standard NACHA - CTX
- Standard NACHA - PPD
- Set up the vendors to receive payments through the NACHA feature. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Accounts Payable, click Vendors, and then click the vendor that you want to use.
- Click Setup, click Bank Account, and then enter the bank account information for the vendor.
- Click Save.
- On the Vendor Payment tab, click the bank account that you created in step b.
Note If you want to pay the vendor electronically, you can set the method of payment for the vendor to the method of payment that you created in step 2.
Article ID: 936127 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 15:28:38 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0
- Accounts Payable
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbmbsmigrate kbexpertisebeginner KB936127