The Run As Account that you create in System Center Operations Manager does not run a task successfully
You create a Run As Account in Microsoft System Center Operations Manager. The Create Run As Account Wizard finishes successfully as expected. However, the Run As Account that you create does not successfully run a monitor, a rule, or a task.
This behavior occurs if you enter incorrect credentials when you create the Run As Account. The Create Run As Account Wizard does not verify the credentials that you specify when you create a Run As Account.
Note We recommend that you verify the account information that you enter on the Account page of the Create Run As Account Wizard.
To resolve this issue, modify the account credentials for the Run As Account with which you experience this behavior. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the Operations Console Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in.
- In the navigation pane, click Administration.
- Expand Administration, expand Security, and then click Run As Accounts.
- Double-click the affected Run As Account, and then click the Account tab.
- Enter the appropriate credentials for the account, and then click OK.
You can also use a Windows PowerShell script to create a Run As Account. For more information about how to use command-line commands to manage Systems Center Operations Manager, visit the following sites:
Article ID: 936221 - Last Review: 08/14/2012 21:23:00 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007, Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1
- kbprb kbtshoot KB936221