Description of Hotfix Rollup 1 for Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- The issues that the Hotfix Rollup 1 for Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the Hotfix Rollup 1 for Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the Hotfix Rollup 1 for Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Whether the Hotfix Rollup 1 for Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server is replaced by any other Hotfix Rollup 1 for Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the Hotfix Rollup 1 for Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server contains.
List of issues fixedHotfix Rollup 1 for Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server includes the following hotfixes:
- 936541 Exchange services do not start after you install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- 937542 Forefront Security for Exchange Server notifications stop working if you change the Exchange Pickup folder path
- 937543 Forefront Security for Exchange Server processes a message that contains invalid uuencode header information as a CorruptedCompressedFile virus
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThe following list contains prerequisites for the installation of this hotfix:The release version of Forefront Security for Exchange must be installed before you can install this hotfix.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Article ID: 936831 - Last Review: 05/17/2007 00:00:56 - Revision: 1.2
- kbautohotfix kbfix kbbug kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB936831