Error message when you try to reinstall Exchange 2007: "Could not find the default Administrative Group 'Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)'"
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
When you try to reinstall Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 in a mixed Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, and Exchange 2007 environment, you receive the following error message:
Could not find the default Administrative Group 'Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)'
This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- A previous installation of Exchange 2007 was removed.
- The default Exchange 2007 administrative group, Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT), was manually removed from Exchange System Manager.
To update the registry automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Click Runin the File Download dialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
Fix it for me
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Let me fix it myself
To resolve this issue manually, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\v8.0\HubTransportRole
- In the details pane, right-click Watermark, and then click Delete.
- At the command prompt, type Setup.com /preparead to reinstall Exchange 2007.
Article ID: 937358 - Last Review: 09/22/2013 01:39:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
- kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb kbmsifixme kbfixme KB937358