Error message when a client user tries to use a mobile device to access a Web site that is published in ISA Server 2006: "500 Error - Element not Found"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You publish a Web site in Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006.
- In the Web listener, ISA Server is configured to use forms-based authentication to authenticate client requests.
However, when a client user tries to access the published Web site by using a mobile device, the user receives the following error message:
500 Error - Element not Found
This problem occurs if the client device sends an "Accept" header that contains "text/vnd.wap.wml" in the HTTP request. In this situation, ISA Server incorrectly handles the “Accept” header.
A hotfix package is available to resolve this problem. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 hotfix package that is dated June 5, 2007
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 937972 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 17:14:09 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 Enterprise Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB937972