FIX: Error message when you try to synchronize a SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition subscription again: "The common generation watermark is invalid at this replica since it does not exist"
The merge process failed because it detected a mismatch between the replication metadata of the two replicas, such that some changes could be lost leading to non-convergence. This could be due to the subscriber not having synchronized within the retention period, or because of one of the replicas being restored to a backup older than retention period, or because of the publisher performing more aggressive cleanup on articles of type download-only and articles with partition_options = 3. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147199363)
The common generation watermark is invalid at this replica since it does not exist or metadata for changes not yet propagated may have been cleaned up. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 21800)
- You disconnect from the database when SQL Server Compact Edition is processing the .out file from the virtual directory.
Note The virtual directory is on the server that is running Internet Information Services (IIS).
- The partition options property of the published article is set to the 3 value.
- The SQL Server 2005 publication uses the dynamic filtering feature.
- The ExchangeType property of the Replication Merge Agent is set to the Bidirectional value or to the Download value.
Cumulative update informationTo resolve this problem, install SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2. Then, install cumulative update package 2 for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (build 3175). This problem is resolved in cumulative update package 2 for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (build 3175).
For more information about how to obtain SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 938050 - Last Review: 11/20/2007 17:47:19 - Revision: 1.2
- kbprb kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced KB938050