When you try to configure PolicyMaker Registry Extension 2.0 items in the Group Policy snap-in, the Group Policy snap-in crashes. When this issue occurs, the following event is logged in the Application log:
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Application popup: Group Policy: mmc.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x7e99354a" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program.
This issue occurs because of a conflict between the PolicyMaker Registry Extension add-in and Windows Internet Explorer 7.
To resolve this issue, configure the following registry value in Registry Editor:
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry subkey, and then right-click it:
- Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type mmc.exe to name the value, and then press ENTER.
Leave the value at 0.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 938611 - Last Review: October 25, 2013 - Revision: 3.0
- PolicyMaker Registry Extension 2.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced KB938611|