Can't see pictures in a slide show in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
Diagnose and fix the problem automatically
Similar issues that the MATS package fixes
For more information about other issues that the MATS package fixes, go to the section.
Note Some displays only support the interlaced mode in specific resolutions. For example, many plasma and LCD televisions use the 480i mode or the 1080i mode. In these examples, the letter "i" signifies "interlaced."
Let me fix it myself
To fix this problem, use one of the following methods:
Method 1Use a display that support progressive mode in the selected resolution.
Method 2Edit the registry to force Windows Vista to use the GDI+ mode. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery\Slideshow
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type WinSATSCore, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click WinSATSCore, click Modify, type 0 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
How the MATS package works to fix this problem
- The MATS package scans your computer and detects if the following conditions are true:
- The computer is running Windows Vista.
- The WinSATSCore registry value that locates under the following path is not equal to 0 or does not exist: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery\Slideshow
- The MATS package modifies the registry to force the computer to use the GDI+ mode.
Note During this process, a dialog box appears. This dialog box gives you the option to fix the issue automatically (this is the recommended option) or to manually select individual issues to fix.
- The MATS package verifies that the registry was modified successfully.
Other issues that the MATS package fixes
Article ID: 938818 - Last Review: 05/02/2012 05:31:00 - Revision: 15.0
- kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbmatsfixme KB938818