You may receive an error message when you try use a device or a program to access the Windows Home Server shared media folder
- Roku SoundBridge M1000 Network Music PlayerPlease authorize your SoundBridge in the media server software on your PC, then try again.
- D-Link MediaLounge DSM-520 High Definition Wireless Media PlayerPlease authorize your device first.
Unable to access this folder.
- Windows Media Player 11Before you can play items in this library, you must first be allowed to access the library.
- Xbox 360Can't connect. Make sure your have activated this console on your computer.
Media Library Sharing in Windows Home Server has a 10-device limit. You may experience a situation in which this limit is exceeded. For example, another user may connect to the network by using a computer that is running Windows Media Player 11. If Windows Media Player has media discovery enabled, this computer may be counted as a device in Windows Home Server.
- Disable unused media devices that use Media Library Sharing.
- Disable media sharing for music, for photos, and for videos. Then, re-enable media sharing for these items. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the Windows Home Server Console.
- In the upper-right, click Settings.
- In the Windows Home Server Settings dialog box, click Media Sharing.
- Next to the following items, click Off:
- Click Apply.
- Next to the following items, click On:
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Restart the devices with which you experienced this issue. For example, restart the computer that is running Windows Media Player 11, or restart the Xbox 360 device.
Article ID: 939217 - Last Review: 07/18/2007 16:21:08 - Revision: 1.2
- kberrmsg kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB939217