Error message when you try to configure backup for a client computer in Windows Home Server: "The backup service is not running, please restart the console"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to configure backup options for a client computer in Windows Home Server, you may receive the following error message:
The backup service is not running, please restart the console.
This problem occurs if the backup service has stopped responding.
To resolve this problem, reset the Windows Home Server console before you connect to the server. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log off from the Windows Home Server console.
- In the notification area, right-click the Windows Home Server icon, and then click Windows Home Server Console.
- On the console password page, click Options.
- Click Reset the Windows Home Server Console, and then click OK.
- Connect to Windows Home Server by using the icon in the notification area.
For more information about Windows Home Server, visit the following Microsoft Web sites:
Article ID: 939427 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 17:21:53 - Revision: 2.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbconsole kbbackup kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB939427