Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.8 Update
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS07-060. This security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security updates for Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. To view the complete security bulletin, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Update detailsThe Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.8 Update contains several improvements to improve security and stability. These include fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of a computer's memory by using malicious code.
System requirementsBefore you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.8 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of Mac OS.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
Additionally, the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update must be installed on the computer before you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.8 Update. To verify that the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update is installed, follow these steps:
- In the Microsoft Office 2004/Office folder on the hard disk, select the Microsoft Component Plugin file.
- On the File menu, click Get Info.
940763 Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.7 Update
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.8 Update package now.
Release Date: October 9, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- The Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.8 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office 2004 for Mac, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- The Read Me file that is included with the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.8 Update includes the following important release information:
- The minimum system requirements
- Instructions to install the update
- Information about how to troubleshoot problems that may occur when you install the update
- Information about the updated files that this update adds or changes
macoffice2004 macoff2004 macoffice2k4 macoff2k4 macexcel2004 macexcel2k4 macxlx macpowerpoint2004 macpowerpoint2k4 macppt2004 macppt2k4 macword2004 macword2k4 macwd2004macwd2k4 macentourage2004 macentourage2k4 macent2004 macent2k4
Article ID: 941809 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 09:47:57 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac, Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Professional Edition, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Student and Teacher Edition, Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac, Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac
- kbnosurvey kbarchive dftsdahomeportal kbupdate kbqfe atdownload kbPubTypeKC kbfix kbbug kbexpertisebeginner KB941809