How to use a purchase order to obtain a new fixed asset in Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to use a purchase order to obtain a new fixed asset in Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0.
To use a purchase order to obtain a new fixed asset, follow these steps:
- Create a new fixed asset.For more information about how to create a fixed asset, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Fixed Assets Setup Checklist
- Create an item that you want to obtain as a fixed asset. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Inventory management, and then click Items.
- Press CTRL+N.
- In the Select a template for Item table dialog box, click to select the check box of the template that you want to use for the item, and then click OK.
- In the Item dialog box, type Service in the Item type field of the item, and then complete the other required fields of the item.
- Create a purchase order for the item that you created in step 2.For more information about how to create a purchase order, view the Help document. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Help menu, click Help.
- On the Search tab, type create a purchase order in the Type in the word(s) to search for field, and then click List Topics.
- In the Select topic area, double-click Create a purchase order.
- On the purchase order line of the purchase order that you created in step 3, click the Other tab.
- In the Fixed asset number list, click the fixed asset that you created in step 1.
- Post the purchase order invoice. To do this, click Posting, and then click Invoice.
Article ID: 941868 - Last Review: 05/12/2015 13:24:18 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0, Fixed Assets
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertisebeginner kbmbsmigrate kbhowto kbexpertiseinter KB941868