Error message when you visit a Web site that is hosted on IIS 7.0: "HTTP Error 403.3 – Forbidden"
You have a Web site that is hosted on Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0. When you visit the Web site in a Web browser, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
Server Error in Application "application name"
HTTP Error 403.3 – Forbidden
Description: Access Is Denied.
Error code: 0x80070005
This problem may occur because you do not have the Write permission for the folder of the virtual directory or for the folder of the Web site.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- In Windows Explorer, locate the folder of the virtual directory, or locate the folder of the Web site.
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Edit.
- In the Group or user names box, click the account to which you want to grant the Write permission, and then click to select the Write check box.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 942035 - Last Review: 09/12/2007 23:11:24 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.0
- kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot kbprb KB942035